Each of the available marines has a number of different skills and stats. Having a range of skills is essential to completing a mission successfully.
- This number dictates how much damage a marine can sustain before dying.
- How fast the marine can move and reload his weapon.
- Marines that have high accuracy will deal more damage to the Swarm.
- This varies depending on the marine's skill, having effects such as increase hacking speed, more health healed or greater damage with certain weapons.
- Marines trained in the use of Special Weapons will be able to use the powerful IAF heat tracking guns.
- A marine trained in explosives can be equipped with incendiary mines and use the lethal Assault Shotgun.
- A marine with this skill is an expert at technical systems. He can use this skill to bypass locked door panels or hack into computer systems.
- A trained medic can use the Medical Satchel to heal fellow marines in the field.