Here are some mapping documents to get you started on your very own Alien Swarm map. If you need further assistance, don't be afraid to get in touch with the rest of the community mappers in the Alien Swarm mapping forum.
- Basic level principles - covers basic geometry, leaving room for the camera, etc.
- Working with doors - essential attached actors for doors and button panels.
- Placing Aliens - placing aliens, alien spawners and giving them orders.
- Objectives - how to place them and objectives reference.
- Game World Objects - decorations and usable objects.
- Custom triggers - dispatchers, random triggers, etc.
- Turrets - placing hackable turrets.
More information on general Unreal level creation can be found here:
You can also get help and read Alien Swarm mapping documents, tips and tricks here:
Alien Swarm Mapping Forum
- Discuss mapping & scripting for Alien Swarm in the official mapping forum.